Ⅰ. Program Objective
This program meets the needs of national emerging strategic industries of Integrated Circuit and Optoelectronic industries. It aims to cultivate high-quality compound talents with innovative spirit, good physical and mental health, good ideological quality and professional ethics, understanding of China's national conditions, international perspective and high sense of social responsibility, and adapting to the needs of social and economic development. The students need to systematically master the basic theory and application knowledge of Electronic Manufacturing Science and Engineering, and can engage in the scientific research, technology development, design and manufacturing, enterprise management of integrated circuit manufacture, electronic packaging, electronic manufacturing equipments and electronic technology materials, etc. After graduation, through hard work and training, the students can gradually grow into a leading figure in society.
Expect students can achieve the following goals after graduated more than five years:
(1) Ability to systematically apply the basic theoretical knowledge of natural sciences and electronic packaging technology, and have a strong ability to engage in scientific research in related fields of specialization;
(2) Ability to apply electronic packaging expertise to solve complex engineering problems in this and other related fields;
(3) Strong teamwork awareness, communication and communication skills, sense of social responsibility, able to organize, coordinate and scientifically manage multidisciplinary projects and teams;
(4) With excellent moral character, scientific quality and humanistic accomplishment, loving of motherland, can comprehensively consider such factors as ethics, society and environment, and sustainable development in engineering practice;
(5) Have a good lifelong learning, international perspective and pioneering and innovative awareness;
(6) Have a good sense of service, fulfill social and public responsibility.
Ⅱ. Learning Outcomes
As a student of this program, you will gain:
(1) Able to apply knowledge of mathematics, natural science, engineering fundamentals and expertise to solve complex engineering problems.
(2) Identify, formulate, research on literature and analysis complex engineering problems to reach substantiated conclusions using basic principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences.
(3) Find solutions for complex electronic manufacturing engineering problems and design innovative systems, units (components) or processes that meet specific requirements. The solution and design shall factor in legal, health, safety, culture, society, and environmental perspectives.
(4) Conduct investigations of complex electronic manufacturing engineering problems using research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of information to obtain reasonable and effective conclusions.
(5) Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and information analytical tools for complex electronic manufacturing engineering problems, including prediction and simulation of complex engineering problems, and understand their limitations.
(6) Assess appropriately on societal, health, safety, legal and cultural impact and the consequent responsibilities relevant to professional engineering practice and solutions to complex electronic manufacturing engineering problems.
(7) Understand and evaluate the impact of engineering practice on complex electronic manufacturing engineering problems on environmental and social sustainable development.
(8) Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practice.
(9) Ability to assume the role of individual, team members, and principals in a multidisciplinary team.
(10) Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write reports and documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions. Possess a certain degree of global outlook, and be able to communicate across different cultures.
(11) Obtain knowledge and understanding of engineering management principles and economic decision-making, and apply these to work.
(12) Recognize the demand, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.